March 06, 2012

Books I like: Baby's in Black by Arne Bellstorf

As an illustrator I mostly like books with pretty pictures. I read a lot of books and also different sorts of books. Like literature, chicklit, biographies, picture books, children's books and I absolutely love graphic novels. In my opinion there aren't better books for adults.

When I was surfing on the web I found a stunning picture. I clicked on it and I was led to the website of Arne Bellstorf, a cartoonist, graphic designer, writer and editor, living in Hamburg (Germany). I found out that the picture was from his book Baby's in Black, a graphic novel about the relationship of photographer Astrid Kirchherr and the fifth Beatle Stuart Sutcliffe.
I love The Beatles. Combined with a graphic novel is pretty much perfect.







I haven't finished reading it completely but all I can say so far: it's bloody brilliant. The drawings are fitting perfectly with the look and feel of the sixties and I love pencil work. Bellstorf creates beautiful scenes and the pace of the book is really nice.

2 comments:

  1. ziet er fantastisch uit
    ik hou ook enorm van Graphic Novels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het boek is ook heel mooi! Echt een aanrader. Ik verzamel ook graphic novels. :)

      Delete